The Dog Watcher

The Student News Site of Alhambra High School

The Dog Watcher

The Dog Watcher

What is Alhambra Doing to Increase Awareness of Bullying?

The counselors have been talking to students going from class to class recently to get a sense of the awareness of bullying and cyberbullying there is on campus. Our counselors: Ms.G, Mrs.Harris, Ms.Siragusa, and Ms.Missy have done a great job of coming to the classes and creating a safe space for students by establishing rules and doing group bonding exercises. There needs to be a safe space for all students on campus so it is great to see the counselors reaching out and reminding students they have a safe space. Here are some thoughts of students on campus:

“I felt that it was very informative and such an eye opener seeing how there’s bullying on the campus even when it does not seem like it” -Anonymous. 

“I felt that it was a little hard to pay full attention during the first period, early in the morning but I am glad to see the awareness of bullying on campus being brought to the light” -Mia Galvan.

“Me personally, I never see bullying on campus so it doesn’t affect me” -Roman Hernandez.

“The counselor’s meeting was very helpful to understanding what is happening around on campus, I learned that there are things I can things to help around campus. ” -Sergio Aguilar Aguilar.

Overall, it is amazing to see what the school and especially the counselors are doing to bring a campus-wide awareness of what is going on campus from bullying to even sexual harassment. Of course, if you are ever being bullied or sexually harassed, please contact a trusted adult or a counselor on campus as they are always willing to help. 

Click Below to reach a counselor if you are ever in need. 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1FV54ek0qxSQOkmEibcJpM1Fqwt6pV9ZUJCy_raeJyUI/viewform?edit_requested=true